Friday, October 9, 2009

Dream..

The cool breeze caressed my face in the cold morning of December . It was peaceful . I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze that flies through the skies . Spreading my arms wide , i stood facing the sea on the balcony of my house . A moment of tranquility . the calming sensation that flows through my veins . Sighing , i looked out at the beach , noting the emptiness . Garbed in a sleeveless shirt and slacks , i made my way to the sea .

The walk to the sea itself depicted just how enjoying it is; to be alive to witness the calming view of the surroundings . The roaring tides of the sea . The pale blue skies . The sounds of the ocean . The gentle crooning that echoes from the breeze . The soft feeling of the sand as my feet made contact with it . I slowly walked towards a large , flat rock . The rock itself was fascinating . A pale brownish-gray with tinges of green . This is my sanctuary . I sat cross-legged on the rock and lifted my head to the sky .

I was content .

The birds soar high in the sky , singing in their glorious chirps . No doubt , they too , share my content in this peaceful moment . The birds and their endless journey in the sky . They reach for places in the sky which ordinary men could only dream of reaching . They fly proudly in the sky , their wings the source of their contentment .

The splashes of water from the tides snap me from my contemplation of the sky to the majestic view of the sea . The huge mass of blue . The ripples that appear every now and then . Occasionally , a wave hits the shore . Some waves reached the rock in which i sat . The sounds of water . The smell of the sea . The intoxicating feeling that weaves a memory in my heart . From my point of view , i could see a few children enjoying the seawater , immersing themselves in their fun and games , oblivious to anything else .

I noticed a man behind a canvas , his face a mask of concentration as he paints the seaview . I return to my gaze if the sky . The clouds weave intricate designs to fill the vast blueness with shades of white . Everything was perfect . Not a thing was out of place . I heaved a long sigh as I relaxed on the rock . The smile which was beginning to etch itself on my lips painfully fades away . Life is not this perfect . This is a fantasy which i turn to in order to obtain my strength . Reality is never this peaceful and relaxing . This was just ... another ... painstaking .... dream .

If i were to be awaken from my slumber , I would immediately realize that the dream would be the same thing i have been dreaming for a long time . It is the dream that keeps me alive . The dream i hope to see come true before my time comes to pass .

My dream .

CCW

No comments: