Tuesday, October 6, 2009

4th October 2009 ( the final holiday )

Alright .

On that day , Alex , Shawn , May Qin and me went on a trip to KL in order to lay siege on Kinokuniya in KLCC . Just the day before , i had been delayed of the approval of going and it wasn't until the morning of the trip ( 7am ) , that i knew for sure that i can go . Though it doesn't matter . I would have walked if they didn't let me . I left house at 7.45 with two messages . Two motherfucking bullshit messages . Forgive me . I suddenly had an urge to swear .

Motherfucking bullshit message no.1 ( From dad ) : Study in KLCC . Don't go around and play .

My Comments : How in the name of who knows who am i suppose to freaking study there ? Dad , are you insane ? Been to a hospital recently to have your brain checked ? And the next bit , KLCC sells stuff at high prices . Do you think i have enough cash to go around and play in KLCC ? Where did your brain go ? i wonder ..

Motherfucking bullshit message no.2 ( From mum ) : Be back latest by 5. You have wasted one day so you need to study .

Comments : I'm no machine . I obviously know my timeslot without you telling me . And yes , i will study when i get back , if i don't fall asleep in exhaustion .

So , with my parent's 'blessings' , i headed to Alex's house . Then , we picked up MQ and Shawn . Then , we went to the train station in Kelana Jaya . Original plan was Carrefour train station but Kelana's was faster . I realised with a pang of regret that i haven't been on a train for 6 years . ( a tiny comfort was MQ hasn't been on a train for 3 years ) . We reached KLCC at about 9-something . A quick breakfast of nasi lemak and teh tarik and we went to Kinokuniya . I also withdrew RM 300 for my expenses ( pain .. ) . Kinokuniya only opens at 10 am so we strolled around the floors looking at stuff . When Kinokuniya opened , we went in and we went straight to the anime selection . Make a guess who dropped her bag at the sight of the wide selection of japanese stuff on sale ? Oops , i gave away the answer .. MAY QIN !!

Anime !!

More anime !!
She did drop her bag and she spent the next two hours at the same section , looking at art books while the rest of us went around looking for our stuff . I know very little about Japanese stuff so i merely looked around at the mangas and jap novels , buying none of them . After that two hours , I had looked through some other parts of the store and obtained three books .

A light moment before the perusal continues ..
Me and May Qin
1. Artemis Fowl and The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer
2. The Associate by John Grisham
3. Home by Marilynne Robinson

Then , we went to a small cafeteria above Kinokuniya ( still in the bookstore ) for a small lunch . I bought a cappuccino and a prata wrap . Delicious . RM14.50 . Deli- crap . Expensive . We chatted for awhile before going back to our raid in Kinokuniya . Incidentally , Shawn managed to find " The Communist Manifesto " by Karl Marx before i did . =.= .

I'm wondering why the hell did i buy cappucino when i hate the taste ..

THE BOOK !!!!
( The Communist Manifesto )

The Problems of Philosophy
a good find by Shawn

Going gaga over the only book MQ bought ( japanese artbook , yes )
About an hour later , we had made our purchases . I bought five books .

1.Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer - RM34.95
2.The Associate by John Grisham - RM26.32 ( 20% discount)
3.Home by Marilynne Robinson - RM31.60 ( 20% discount)
4.The Zahir by Paulo Coelho - RM27.92 ( 20% discount)
5.For One More Day by Mitch Albom - RM26.36 ( 20% discount)
6.Two Mitsubishi pens - RM 17.80

Which brought the total to RM 164.95 . Not to mention the small lunch of RM14.50 .
So thats RM179.45 gone in Kinokuniya .
Total spent in KLCC - Rm 186.95 ( my nasi lemak and teh tarik breakfast XD )
Total of current expenditures - RM191.45 ( train ticket )

We decided to head to Sungei Wang plaza to an anime shop where they were selling the Clannad DVD . I wanna get it so yea , we went there after an argument about which direction to take . I blame Alex and Shawn for their bickering . lol . We made it to Sungei Wang on our 1.5th attempt ( backtracked at a certain point ) . I bought a cold Nescafe along the way so my total expenditure now is RM 193.45 .

When we reache the plaza , there were many lalas and a concert going on . Lol .. Malaysian performers with inaudible chinese rap . LOL . Went to the third floor and spent sometime browsing the store for anime merchandise . I bought the Clannad DVD for RM40.00 . Cheap for 2 seasons , 4 OVAs , the movie and the After Story soundtrack . Since it was rather cramped , we left the plaza and made our way to the Pavillion , yet another expensive stuff place .

We relaxed at the Old Town White Coffee there and i bought iced cappuccino as well as French toast . Delicious . RM15.00 . At 3 , we left the Pavillion and headed to the Monorail Station just outside . We took a train to Sentral before hopping onto a commuter to the Carrefour station .

'Tai Kors' discussing stuff ..

You do not mess with me ! says Shawn to Alex

Neither should you ! says Alex to Shawn after biting him in the arm ..
Reached at 3.50 and dad picked me up at 4.15 . Enjoyable day .
Again , thanks to Alex for inviting me .

Departing photo ...
Total money spent - RM292.15 . urghh ..
I added in RM 40 to get a new calculator which i'm buying on Thursday . I lost my school calculator :( .

All in all , good day .

No comments: