Thursday, June 2, 2011

The End Of A Chapter..The Journey Of Another..

The end of my A-level course..the end of another chapter.
I honestly felt that this was the hardest chapter for me to conclude. There were too many things that I've attempted, too many things I've learnt, too many things I have endured.

Everything has an end.

In fact, 2010 and 2011 will be the two years I'll always remember for the rest of my life.
So many things..
Driving a car...and learning to speed..maneuvering..
Confessing..
Tragedies..
More agony..
All these are but the stepping stones in my life.

I'm regretting the ending of my course.
The new friends I've gained. The old ones that I still keep in touch.
Most of the experiences I've got.
Everything.
I'll remember every happiness and every pain I've been inflicted with.

The worst of it all being the fact that my father has gotten tongue cancer.
The fact that he has to undergo a 'commando surgery' next week.
The fact that he does not want to listen to advice when he needs it the most.
I'll remember all of this.
The suffering.
The admonishment.
The resentment.
The resolve that was never there..the resolve I had to shoulder.
Please, do not get me wrong.
I'm not saying this because I have no respect.
I'm saying this because I want to remember the fact that it happened.
Such a thing would not have happened if certain steps were taken.
It is too late now.
But not for me.
I'm better than him. That's a given. I will NOT succumb to the same problems.

I will be the last one standing.
And because of that, a new chapter begins.
A new journey lies before me.
A journey of pain, loss, despair and overwhelming fun.
I'm gonna love what's coming next.
Once again, I will let myself be engulfed by the wrath that is HD.
The person who will, has and is the better person.
The person who I've created from despair, rage and pain.
The person who is truly better.

As the page begins to flip, the pens of fate trembles..
What more is there to come?
What other despair shall we see?
What other pain shall be inflicted?
What other happiness shall shine?
Whose blood shall be spilt this time?
I do not know.
Fate does not need to know.
The pendulum continues its oscillation.
And so...

The journey shall commence.

CCW

No comments: