Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Update In Life

Yes. It is an update in life. An update of what has transpired in the past weeks.
First and foremost, I am proud to be the owner of a new laptop. Its a Dell Inspiron 15R
Specs
1. 8GB RAM
2. 500GB HD
3. Nvidia Geforce 1GB Graphics Card
4. Second Generation i7 Processor
5. Windows 7 Home Premium
Suffice to say that it is awesome [I noticed i've been using this word very often in these weeks.]


Shiny blue..nice colour

Very nice, i must say

All in all, it costs RM2819..and it is very cheap, considering the fact that it has an i7 processor. Mum bought it in Lowyat after we looked at a few models. This was the cheapest with the best specs though I have a hunch that we could have lowered the price a bit more.

That is one.
This is another.
I am happy to say that my dad is cleared to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow (28 June). The operation went very well, with a small bump in the post-op.
Which brings us to a topic which i would like to bring up and I hope someone can shed some light on this predicament.
What is the name of the problem whereby the food consume fails to flow into the digestive tract and instead flows into your lungs instead? I have tried researching it in the Internet but it was futile. Can someone give me a hint or explain the foresaid situation?
It was a problem my dad had after the operation.

That is another.
I realized I have not specifically said that I am driving now. Eversince getting my P licence, I have been an active driver, taking every opportunity to be in the car. By the way, I own a 1997 Honda City 1.3 Vtec.



My pride and my ride

14 years old and still rocking

Yes, you saw correctly. It is 14 years old and it is still magnificent[stopped myself from using awesome here]. It looks pretty new because its been well-kept. I shall not show the other side as there is a dent on that side(please don't ask X.X). My mother was the previous owner but this was given to me after she bought a new car. A new Honda City full spec.

This looks way better and meaner than mine :(

My family is a Honda family. We prefer Honda to Toyota though we did made a mistake of buying a Proton Iswara. When contemplating what car to get, my mum had three options;
1. Perodua Alza - A good car, but it was an MPV so my mum was not that keen.
2. Toyota Vios - This was Honda City's rival. But the looks is pathetic since undergoing a facelift(not sure if this is the word, should i say facedown?)
3. Perodua Myvi - An immediate reject when it reached the discussion table. There's too many on the road and my mum thinks its a bit too small.
In the end, the new Honda City caught her eye and she bought it after researching it in the showroom.

Personally, I would have suggested getting the new Proton Saga FL which was released about two months after she bought the new Honda City(Auto transmission with paddle shifters, a change in her life after driving manual for 30 years).

By the way, my car is a manual-transmission type which i got used to after 2 weeks. Sure, its a drag going up cliffs or getting stuck in jams, but I personally favour manual. You get to control the gear change and the pick-up speed is cool. My car might be an old car but I've managed to drive it quite stably and fast at that. Currently, its max I can take is 150km/h, just achieved 2 days ago. I plan to try and bring it to 170 in the near future but that might be a bit straining for the car. I'm literally floating when it went at 150 on the NPE.

Did I mention I'm having a car fetish?
Yes.
I'm in love with supercars, muscle cars, mod. cars, old drift cars. In short, I love cars.
I started loving cars after being introduced to the world of cars by my college friend, Saadeesh Gunasekaran who knows most of the cars that you see everyday and those that you can only see in showrooms.

And his dream car is...

This is a Mercedes SLR 722GT..the pride of Mercedes-Benz

And my dream car is..
This is an Aston Martin Virage..a 2012 production model

Unfortunately the Aston Martin is a long shot since it is EXPENSIVE. Fun fact, this car is supposedly the bridge that connects the tiny gap between the Aston Martin DBS (James Bond) and the Aston Martin DB9.
So, if this car is so expensive, what do I see myself having?
Well, i do like this car

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X [rally car]
and these,
Mazda 6 (2011 Facelift 2.5L version)
Mazda RX7 (F&F Tokyo Drift)

Fine, even in the three, only the RX7 seems attainable.

I am currently bumming off after finishing my A-Levels course.
I am hoping to be accepted into Nanyang Technological University, Singapore to study either Chemistry or Materials Engineering. In the event of that failing, I have University of Nottingham Malaysia as an alternative.

I believe this concludes the chapter of my life updates (i am a very boring person when I'm alone).
I miss my college friends. The time we were together was not enough.

The next chapter- I shall go in depth about my college life.

CCW

No comments: