Friday, May 27, 2011

The Last Day

The Last Day

I pen this,
Not knowing if I should,
I write this,
With pain and with solitude,
I pen this,
As I remember the feeling,
I write this,
With the dark clouds descending.

In the room, all alone,
Musics and score playing their notes,
The eerie tunes chilling the bone,
The sounding echoes of every note,
I cannot run, I cannot hide,
I cannot deny what He provides,
The heavy burden is now mine,
To the darkness, I am confined.

Destiny plays,
The same song on and on,
Destiny conveys,
The same message all along,
Fate plays,
The cruel note on and on,
Fate conveys,
A message so forl0rn.

The clock above chimes,
Letting them know the time,
In the night, moon so bright,
Losing the fight, on this endless night,
I cannot run anymore,
The chill has reached my core,
Caged and trapped, all the while knowing,
That this night has no ending.

I pen this,
As the light shimmers and dims,
I write this,
With the strength remaining in my limbs,
I embrace death,
For it has come to take me away,
I welcome my last breath,
As it ends on the last day.

-HD-

No comments: