Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Result

I trudged to the front , my face impassive as the teacher passed my result slip to me . My heart was beating furiously . There were more than enough butterflies in my stomach to last me for an eternity . Out of the corner of my eye , i glimpsed the many anxious faces , the many happy and sad faces alike . Lastly , i spotted HD outside the hall , giving me the support i need . I looked at my result slip .

BM - A
BI - A+
Sejarah - A+
Mathematics - A+
Moral - A+
Additional Mathematics - A+
Prinsip Perakaunan - A+
Physics - A
Chemistry - A+
Biology - A
EST - A+

My heart skipped a beat . I looked at the results again . A sense of euphoria was erupting in me . I yelled with joy as i clutched the slip to my chest as though it meant the world to me . Friends all around me were congratulating me . Their voices seem a bit distant . Finally , i went outside to where HD was .

He smiled as he looked at the results . " Good job ," he said ," Better than expected , don't you think ? " I could only grin as we shook hands . " This is all thanks to you , man , " I said " I wouldn't have been able to do it if you weren't there . " HD waved the thanks away . " All i did was gave you some suggestions , that's all . It was you yourself who made it happen ," he said . I acknowledged his words as i went back to the hall . " The next one to overcome would be the A-Levels examinations ," I said " You with me? " . HD laughed as he walked away .

" Where else can i obtain as much fun as this ? Count me in . " he said before vanishing into the crowd . I smiled as i walked back into the hall . The world seemed lighter as though the pressure had miraculously disappeared . The results has been obtained . I have done my best . But the work has no end .

There will be others .

But on this faithful day of 11 March 2010 , let's just forgo that work and have fun ..

CCW

No comments: