Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Home

I sat in front of one of the many computers in the library , slowly finishing my assignment and proceeding to finish the rest of my homework . I took a glimpse at my watch on my left wrist . The watch showed 5.00 p.m .

" Another one and a half hours , huh ? " I murmured . My transport is only available at 6.30 so i had almost two hours more before going back . I sighed and continued my work , finishing it within half an hours time . I laid back on the chair and gazed at my surroundings . I see people typing out their assignments in the computers , i see people surfing the net . I see people reading books . At last , my eyes fell on HD who appeared beside me .

" Not going back yet ? " he asked . I shook my head . " Transport's coming in an hour's time , " I said . HD nodded . " Pity about this , huh ? " he said , " I'll be around for awhile . This college intrigues me since its my first time entering the compound . You mind ? " I nodded my head . " The college is yours to view . And in regards to your first sentence , no , it isn't much of a pity , really . "

" I just don't wanna go home so early ."

HD looked at me , a frown on his face . " Problems? " he asked , " Nothing big , i hope ? " . I shook my head . " Nothing much . Its just that i hate going home and having to listen to all the grumbling and mumbling that they dish out . " HD smiled . " It's part of living in this world , ya know ? " He turned serious . " You gotta know that even if you are tolerant enough , other people aren't . " I turned to the computer screen and sighed . " Yea , I know .. "

" You might have given away your anger , your impatience and your sloth . But , remember , other people don't share the same things as you . " HD said , " Bear that in mind . And carry it well . " I nodded . " Thanks ."

HD nodded . " Don't worry too much about it . I'm here to help , as i have always been . If things get too nasty for you , you know what you need to do . " He grinned that trademark wicked grin he has . I laughed briefly , the joy which never reached the cold , calm eyes that i have gotten used to having .

HD started walking away . " You are one of the roots to that tree you strive so hard to keep intact . Don't topple it down now . I still wanna see it . " He walked out of the library , leaving me with much to think about .

CCW

No comments: