Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1+1+1+1=4? There Shouldn't Be So Many!!


As one who loves cars, there is one thing that scares me more than anything else; getting involved in a car accident. Yes. The very thing that frightens me not because I drive an expensive car but because of the mess i have to go through. So far, I'm sad to say that I have got into not one, not two, not three but four accidents.

Four, you say?
Four?
You fucking serious?
Thats kinda pushing it to the limits, init?

After all the trouble you have been through on the first accident, you got yourself into three more? How many more accidents do you want to get into before you can stop getting yourself into one?

I'm guessing that's probably what's going on in all your minds right now.
And, truthfully, I'm thinking the exact same thing.

*Heaves a big sigh as though preparing to divulge a great tale*
(Cue to emo music from Fairy Tail)
I better start from the beginning...

I obtained my P license with no pressure, all the while practicing with my mother's car(which is my current car after she bought a new one). It all seemed well until I got into my first accident.
The first accident was rather ambiguous but it was still ultimately my fault. I couldn't brake in time and hit my car to a lorry.

Repair costs: RM2k ++

I though that was the end of my worries. For two days, I drove carefully, paranoia getting the better of me. I would brake a few meters away just to be safe. Then, I reversed my car into another person's car. I shamefully admit that it was a hit and run. My car had a slight dent at the right back side and the other car's rear bumper came off. I was awash with guilt for two whole weeks, wondering if I could have done anything. I did the worst thing as a human.

I slept soundly with no remorse after that.

I guess retribution has its ways of reaching to me.
I got into yet another accident two months after that. This time a bus grazed my left side. Well, graze would have been so much nicer compared to the real situation. My whole left side was torn apart. When at first my mother told me that it was the bus driver's fault, she quickly, I repeat, quickly, changed her mind when my father came home and accessed the situation.

Repair costs:Rm1k+

I was destroyed at that time. I vividly recalled being extremely depressed. It was during the AS exam trials so I was supposed to go to college to study. I recall only confiding to Saadeesh, leaving my friends (Theresa, Kun Eng, Zing Wen and Shu Peih, my usual study group members) in the dark. It wasn't until the next day that I could talk to them. But the pain was there. The hurt that left a scar in my heart (thankfully not on the exterior, as my mother likes to insult, I have no more clear skin left on my outside to have any more scars) reminds me of the unnecessary mess that I have got myself into just because I was careless on the road.

From then on, I vowed not to get into anymore accidents. I told myself to be more careful on the road. I literally practiced driving everyday, taking every opportunity to drive, learning more of the roads. Even during the end of my course, which ended last two months, I still drove around, half of it due to the fact that my father was in the hospital recuperating from the cancer removal operation(an operation known as the 'commando' surgery). I would drive down to the KL hospital my father was in and when he was discharged, drove him to that hospital every weekday for his radio and chemo. I thought I would be fine since he did advise me on my driving skills. (I still dislike him putting the radio at such a low volume -.-)

Then, today, tragedy struck.


Take one
Take two
Take three

Pain

Here's what happened.
It was 5.40 and all the Seafield students were leaving, school ending early due to the fasting month of Ramadhan. I made a mistake of having to weather through the congested area of the school to fetch my brother from tuition. The car in front of me inched forward as did I. I had planned to turn left, signalling and was already on the move when a student on a bicycle came speeding though the gap. And who should he meet?

Unlucky ol' me.
WHAM.
I hit the kid and the kid slammed is bike on my car (T.T my car!!!).. Panicking, I couldn't brake and my car moved forward for a good whole meter before my second half kicks in and brake. I couldn't believe my eyes. His bike was in good shape, he was unharmed (Thank God) but my car!! THERE WAS A FUCKING HUGE DENT ON THE CAR!!! GODDAMNIT!!!

To think i would have gotten better at driving, here's the unlucky stroke of brilliance I had and KABOOM!!
My car is in the dumps.
I'm not even half way through my life experience of driving and I've gotten myself in FOUR, FOUR, FOUR!!! accidents.

I wonder how bad my life will become if i take this into statistical consideration.

*Heaves another great sigh*

My only wish now is to get into NTU where I plan to work for at least 10 years ( 4 when i'm still studying, 3 due to the tuition grant and another 3 if i'm accepting government loan ). Hopefully, I can save money from that for future usage.

*Heaves yet another great sigh*

This is the beginning of university life, i guess..

CCW












No comments: