Sunday, November 9, 2008

Subang Scrabble Challenge 2008 ... fiasco!

Greetings ...

    The Subang Scrabble Challenge 2008 ended on the 7th of November 2008 with a sad feeling for me.. I got 6th .. and the prizes were until 5th only .. HAIHZ .. anyway , we are all rusty .. LOLZ .. a rundown on that day .. 

  I picked up Shawn Hoong at 7.40 and reached Subang Parade at about 7.50 .. took a whole round and reached the only open entrance ten minutes later .. helped Ram unload the stuff .. the moment i entered Subang Parade .. I got a bout of flu .. that lasted the whole day .. fuck .... 
   
  My first game was against Muhammad Ali . Consistency and a beautiful QUINOAS for 80 pts won me the game by 160 points .. LOLZ .. flew up to the top to pit myself against Pui Cheng Wui .. a veteran who beat Ganesh a.k.a. the JUGGERNAUT more times than any other Malaysian.. I threw FEM(16) at him which he retaliated by COWPEA(30) .. I gave him a DEXTRIN (88)which i could have done DEXTRINE (98) before he gave me a frightening SEQUENCY (125) , wrapping the game ... Incidentally SEQUENCY was the high word of the tournament and i could have avoided it with DEXTRINE ( he hooked the N of DEXTRIN .. HAIHZ 

  Next game was against William Kang , a youth master .. Threw down EARNEST and AREOLATE FTW .. Next was against Gan Yi En , lost to him by 4 .. could have won by one if i didn't challenge PREST ( 5 points penalty ) .. Sad .. notice the sequence ? W-L-W-L lolZ

  Played Alex Tan next .. Played SIROSET and STAGERY to earn me the game .. Next was Lee Pao Hsien .. Bombarded him with NONRATED(60) , AZYM (57) , PEATING (93) and TELLIES ( 68 ) to win the game .. Lost my next two to Jocelyn Lor and Scott Chung .. HUAH .. If i won Scott or Jocelyn , I could have gotten 5th .. 
Final standing were : 
1. Jocelyn Lor 
2. Pui Cheng Wui 
3. Scott Chung 
4. Gan Yi En 
5. Khoo Beng Way 
6. Chang Ching Wei ( WEEEEE!!!)

A quite enjoyable tourney for me .. Ramaraj and Sean Chung didn't do well this time .. none of us did !!  we were all rusty after the final exams .. 

HAihZ 

All of a sudden , i feel that i didn't progress good enough to accomplish my aim .. he was right .. shoulda grit my teeth and do it... HaihZ 

HD signing off 

No comments: