Friday, February 4, 2011

An Idea from CNY visitings

I got this idea after a visit to my mum's old colleague.. I write this poem which more or less relates to him..

The Old Man

He sat,
On the sofa facing us,
He sat,
Gazing into space with eyes so strong,
The old man that I know.

He talked,
As he recounts the days of old,
He talked,
Reminiscing bitter and cold,
The old man that I know.

He was the soul,
Still in good shape as though he was young,
He was the spirit,
Making us laugh like we're his sons,
The old man that I respect.

He was aged,
But he never let it show,
He was frail,
But he spoke of wise and old,
The old man that I respect.

He spoke to me,
What is it you wish to be,
He told me,
Do your best in order to succeed,
The old man that I revere.

He whispered aloud,
An excerpt from the Bible,
"Knock and the door will open,
Seek and you shall find,
And ask and you shall be answered."
The old man that I revere.

Today, he remains here,
The cheerful man that I revere,
His smile brightens the sky above,
For he is the old man that I love.
-CCW-


2 comments:

KJ said...

OMG I like that! You're so good at writing poem~~

Write more okay! :D

Chang Ching Wei, CCW said...

Thanks a lot..