Sunday, February 21, 2010

Suspicion .. Or Not ..

I walked out off Summit with Aaron Lui and Aaron Leong after our short reunion ; Aaron Lui had just returned from NS for CNY . I lagged behind , choosing to allow the two friends to talk on their matters while i conversed with Henecran .

That was when a man came up to us .

He was rather old-looking with ugly teeth to match . He was carrying a plastic bag and a drink bought from the supermarket , if memory served me right .
He opened the conversation .
" Do you know the shortest way to the Hilton PJ ? "
I was surprised . You see , we were in Subang jaya and the Hilton PJ was about kilometers away from USJ . " Well , its like way out of this place .. you gotta take a bus to get the-"
" Can i walk there ? What's the shortest way to walk there ? " he interrupted .
Henecran snorted . " He's either stupid or there's something out of place here ." Henecran muttered to me . I was laughing as i replied " Dude , if u reach hilton PJ in 5 hours by walking , i'm saluting you , there's no way u're gonna reach there by walking . This is Subang , man . Your destination's in PJ . Thats far .. get it ? FAR . "
He goes on rambling about how his friend left him here and that he lost his money . At this point , the two Aarons walked away from the man while i was rooted to the spot , noting how idiotic he looked . A few more exchange of words and i gave him 50 cents and he walked off .

Henecran looked back at the man before catching up with me as i walked to the Aarons .

" I don't trust that man , " Henecran muttered . I looked back at the man walking up the road . " Naturally , " i said " Why do u think i hurried the conversation , gave him some petty cash and told him to get going ? it's easier to shake off a person this way .. " Henecran snorted . " I hate this kind off people .. Did u actually believe that shit he was spewing out ? " I looked at Henecran . " You think i'm a fool ? Who do you think i am ? I knew he was an asswiping moron from the start . Only courtesy prevented me from pushing him aside and walking away . " Henecran grinned . " Hmmph . And here i thought you were fooled and i would get the chance to lecture you . Anyway , i would watch your back for awhile if i were you . You never know what to expect after that encounter . " I nodded and caught up with Aaron and headed to the bridge . Henecran stood at the bottom of the bridge , looking out at the road before turning away .

After seeing off the two Aarons , i remained cautious , making sure that the man from before was truly gone before making my way back into Summit . Henecran rejoined me after awhile and muttered " He's gone for good , he has . But all in all , a good experience , don't you think ? Pity it didn't turn violent . " I laughed at his sullen face . " I know your taste for violence but this just isn't the place .. Perhaps , in the future ? " I asked . Henecran grinned that wicked grin he has and continued walking .

" Let us leave that memory behind us and enjoy the last of today . "

CCW

No comments: