Wednesday, February 17, 2010

College Life

Its been two months since i've been in college . Been this long since i started , and yet , only now have i decided to post on it . Rather peculiar , don't you think ?

GCE A-Levels is not something one can take lightly . Well , so are the other courses that one can take . However , i'm talking about THE hardest course in Sunway College ; GCE A-Levels . It is the longest , toughest and one of the only courses which focuses solely on your examination progress . Being the guy that loves undertaking challenges that are too much to handle , i decided that this course was to be my destination .

Of course , i'm not the only one .

Weathering the course with me in this college are two of my schoolmates ; Theresa , who is my classmate for two years and Han Jyun , whom i've been acquainted with since Form 4 . Both have set their sights on enduring this one and the half year course .

And i'm thankful that i'm not alone .

When i first stepped into college , i only knew Theresa and she was the only one i could hang out with . Most of the people there came from other states , though i did glimpse upon a few of my friends ; be it from the same school or different schools . I saw Ken Yoong , Khai Tsen , Wei Zhi , Jia Wei , Jia Yi , May Yi , Beng Way , Hazel , Pravin , Kuok Yi and Kuok Wei . I also saw Joy with whom i'm acquainted through my mum's friend , Katina . I didn't see Han Jyun until the second day .

After the orientation , i was put into the classes for A-levels . I was in the same class as Han Jyun while Theresa was a class above mine . Surprisingly , 4/5 of my classes coincide with Theresa's so i still was able to be with the only two friends i knew . Of course , that would change in time as i got to know my classmates .

A-levels had 5 classes ; S1 , S2 , S3 , S4 and A1 . I was in S4 with Han Jyun and we were taking Physics , Chemistry , Maths and Further Maths . Theresa's class on the other hand took the same subjects except Further Maths . Which means their study on Maths would be a tad slower than ours , making them different from us just by Maths .

I wouldn't say anything about the lecturers in detail here . Suffice to say that all the lecturers are professional and capable of teaching . If you wanna know more about the lecturers , you're gonna have to ask me personally .

I'm mostly found with Han Jyun , either in class , CC , library or in the restaurants outside the college . During other times , i would be with Theresa and her newly met friend , a nice girl by the name of Au Zing Wen , hailing from Seremban . I'm now a passive smoker , since mixing with Han Jyun , though i'm not perturbed by it . I've decided that anyone who takes the A-Levels course are to be respected , whether they have a tainted past or not .

In class , it didn't take long to realize that everyone there was a level higher than me or at least on par with me . All were smart . All were brilliant . All were apt in the subjects . NONE were incapable of anything . Nicholas Lai , a Maths genius , could solve questions that the lecturer was facing trouble with . Dinakar , another friend , was observant and could spot implications in the answers though of course , some of the 'spotted' implications were merely confusions that we could not comprehend . This is only two of the roughly twenty students in my class that i mentioned . And a note of reminder . The rest are all on the same level .

Homework are not that plenty , unlike the load of work which i seem to see in Theresa's class . This allowed me to finish my work quickly and do the appropriate revisions . It looks like every subject must not be taken lightly , even if its just Maths . Its just a pain in the ass when it comes to assignments . I mean , i'm definitely not the type of guy who is capable of doing assignments . BUT , i will do my best , because i'm not alone when it comes to these things .

I'm currently in the middle of a Malaysian Studies assignment about the hierarchy of Malaysia's Legal System . In my group are six girls and two boys including me .

1. Chang Ching Wei
2. Ng Han Jyun
3. Theresa
4. Au Zing Wen
5. Fong Meng Yee
6. Vanessa Liew
7. Angel Soh
8. Christine

Don't ask me why there are so many girls , ok ?

Either way , i'm actually enjoying life in college . Life in college is ultimately 10 times better than school life . No one can deny that .
That's my narration on how college is . I'm coping with the pressure , but of course , doubtless the pressure would only continue to increase until i'm finally at my limits .

Or will i reach my limits ? Will two be enough to comprehend the strength of this course ?


CCW

1 comment:

tra- said...

Just out of curiousity, you're from Seafield right? If so, the 'Kuok Yi' you referred to in your post, may I ask what is his full name?