Saturday, September 3, 2011

Of Seafood and Paddy Fields




A few days ago, I followed a group of my friends to Kuala Selangor for a day trip. Yes, I managed to get permission to do so. The aftermath was of course, terrifying but I'm not giving a damn anymore. But more of that next time. So, Kuala Selangor. It was a 2 hour drive from USJ 2 to the restaurant we wanted to eat at, plus another half an hour for severe traffic jams along the way. The journey was not unpleasant. Due to the fact that my car had no fuel, I opted to hitch a ride from Alex with Jian Shen and May Qin in the car too. I do not remember the way clearly, but suffice it is to say that the journey was light and easy with good music, jokes and a snapshot of Alex and me in his mum's sunglasses. 

I can't describe how I look in this...

We reached Kuala Selangor with no particular incidents and trudged along to the restaurant which was located near to the parking bay. 

It was jam-packed with people. 
We learnt that there were 7 more groups before us that still did not have a table to sit. 
And so we waited. We chilled at a small coffee-house near the restaurant after touring some of the places around the vicinity. 
Finally, we got ourselves a table. 
While waiting, we played Alchemy..like a boss
Waiting for the food...for what seemed to be an hour

Well, we did wait rather long for the food but it was worth it. The food was awesome. I'm not going to spoil anything, so that's all i'm gonna say. 

Before we left for Sekinchan, we took a group shot as a remembrance that we have 'invaded' Kuala Selangor. 

Top from left: Elaura, Wei Mund, Sam, Suba and May Qin
Bottom from left: Alex, me, Jian Shen and Ling Ben

Sekinchan, here we come. 
The reason we wanted to go to Sekinchan was to have a view of the paddy fields in the area. What was first assumed as a boring thing to do turned into a two and a half hour stay there with many photo-shootings and posing shots. 

Gazing in the skies
Night shot of the paddy field
Another shot

Day shot of the paddy field
Geng Sekinchan

Geng Sekinchan

It was a good trip. 
It was also a trip with the aim of spending time with Jian Shen and Ling Ben who would be leaving to study in the UK. 
I wish them all the best. 

CCW




No comments: