Friday, August 27, 2010

Smoke and kill.. Books and will

I drove to college on a cold morning at 6.45. It had been raining the previous night. I parked my car just a few meters away from college and sighed as I got out. Today was going to be just another day. Nothing ever changes in the way i run my life. Nothing new as always. I opened the front portion of my bag and took out a cigarette. Kent, i thought. " Dude, you gotta be kidding me," I muttered as i lighted the cigarette. I stood there staring into space, puffing away and wondering.. whether i should have a change..

"Why think when you can make it happen?" a voice spoke. I snapped out of my reverie and turned around. HD stood on the other side of my car, looking at me with that serious look he has sometimes. "Mornin'" I muttered,"Hard to change if there isn't anything there for change.."

"Tch"

HD shook his head. "Look at you.. I gotta admit, I'm surprised that you actually tried smoking. And here's the one who said that smoking kills." I laughed as he said that. "True," I admitted, "But of course, that much has changed isn't it?" HD gave a short laugh before becoming serious again. "I heard the problem at home.. You okay with it?" he asked. I lowered my cigarette and stared at him. "Hard to keep secrets from you isn't it?" I asked. I stared at the cars before giving my answer.

"Yeah, its cool. Ain't got the trouble to care about that.."

HD nodded. "Good," he said, "At least this time, i don't have to step in and clear your head." "Yea," I muttered,"I've got other stuff to handle.. what with my exams coming up and I still haven't finished studying through yet." "Hmmph," HD turned and walk away.

"Oh yea," he turned, " You do know it kills, don't ya? You sure you ain't gonna get addicted to it?"

I took a puff before meeting his gaze.

"Just how long have you been knowing me?"

"Just who do you think I am?"

CCW

No comments: