Friday, April 16, 2010

Being Where I Belonged

I sighed as i made my way to the library after the Maths period was over. "Now, to spend the hour doing nothing until the club meeting....Now why don't you come out, HD?" I muttered. He stepped out into the light with a frown on his face. "Funny,"he said,"Didn't know you knew i was there.."I snorted and sighed again.

HD laughed."What's with that stupid face of yours? You look like a dead person."he asked. I looked at him and gazed at the numerous number of people that were coming out of and going into the library. "Have you ever felt that you can't control your life and that something is pulling the strings for you? Sometimes, it pulls you in the correct direction.. Sometimes, it brings you to where you don't feel nice at all." HD looked at me, his brow creasing.

"The same question again?" he asked, "You truly never change,huh? Hmm.. I had my fill of life though yes of course, everybody goes through the "pulling strings" thingy.." We walked down to the cafeteria and grabbed a can of coffee each. "I suspect this has something to do with your parents?"he asked. I snorted. "Cheh, no way i can hide things from you,eh? Well, more or less.. Its just that, my dad's been pestering me to apply for scholarships until today...". It was HD's turn to snort. "And here i was thinking what was the problem.. Hmm, you are who you are. And you do what you do. No change in that. You choose what you wanna do and don't listen to people pestering you. That's how you live in life. You take the bull by the horns and you do it your way. Though, in my case, it goes further,"he added as he gave his wicked smile.

"I kill those who get in my way."

I looked at him and laughed."But of course,"he continued,"that would be unwise and irrational at this situation. All i'm saying is that you gotta just believe in yourself and don't let other people intervene in your course. You might meet obstacles. but you know what to do with the obstacles, do you?" he asked. I nodded.

"Of course. Just who do you think i am?"

HD smiled. "Glad that's sorted out,"he said. He looked at the rainy sky that perfectly suited my emotions at that particular time. "If that is all, i have an appointment to catch.. I'll see you around.. real soon"he said before departing. " Oh and remember one thing,"he said as he left.

"If you know where your heart belongs, then you will know where you actually belong? And I don't give a damn if you get it or not"he smiled and waved goodbye.

I stared at the open sky and the continuously pouring rain. Where I belonged,huh?,I thought. Very well, I have decided. My moves are already played. All that's left is the outcome. And, yes, I don't give a damn if they don't get it.

This is where i belong.
This is where my heart is at rest.
This is where i can truly shine.
And i don't fucking give a damn if you diss the hell out of me.

CCW

No comments: